Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Picture of Communism

The picture with the gate and soldiers is one of the most prized pictures I have from China. The reason for this being that I had to be sneaky in taking it. For some reason they don't take kindly to tourists who take pictures of their army bases!?! It was kind of creepy having this large army base right in the middle of a large, seemingly capitalist, city. Just goes to show you that even though China has let up considerably on their economic policy, their political policies are still kept with an iron fist. Tourists don't really have to worry though, because they know that tourists bring money, so unless you are stupid and burning a Chinese flag, or somehow speaking in Chinese saying that Mao Zedong is stupid, you don't have anything to worry about. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow those are some amazing pictures in your journal, you've been to some super kick ass places.

I would have loved to have seen the Shaolin stuff! :)